For those who have or had toxic family, friends or people in their lives…
So Sick & Tired!
by Cortney of Peaces by Cortney
My mother always said, “no one has to tell you what to do when you are sick and tired.”
She is right and I got sick and tired.
Sick of them acting one way here and another there.
Then have another change of heart as if they colored their hair,
Who are you now? Your heart has been dyed black.
No, we can’t go back to the way things were.
Your toxic fumes and furry have overtaken my system.
No longer can I inhale your exhaust of lies, drama, and deceit.
It makes me sick and I am tired.
Today is the day and I am the one.
No longer, no more, for I am done.
Photo by Isaiah Rustad on Unsplash
Welcome to 2018, time for resolutions, no resolutions or un-resolution. This year I have opted to have not have a resolution but rather a theme. The theme for this year is:
“Owning me with kindness and empathy.”
The thought behind the theme is owning who I was, who I am and who I will be in the future with the understanding that I am not perfect and still pretty cool anyways. 2017 was a real challenge but it allowed me to see my weaknesses and discover new strength that I had no idea I could muster up. In the past, I often showed outer strength but struggled with internal stability, depression, and anxiety (Yes, I said it!). Often times, I was harder and more critical of myself than anyone else could ever be; while wondering and caring a bit too much about what people thought. But I have to take care of me and you have to take care of you. So this year, resolution or un-resolution is to take me for who I am inside and out.
My hope for all of my followers is to see themselves for who they are and embrace themselves with kindness, understanding, and love that you so well deserve.
FYI – Not sure if I spelled un-resolution right or not. And that is OK.
Today, June 8, 2017, is National Best Friends Day. Over the years I have had a hand full of best friends but the ones that have stuck with me are my two sisters! And I want to say thank you for…
- Answering my call in the middle of the night.
- Playing cards into the late hours of the night.
- Babysitting my kids and treating them as though they were your own.
- Finding time to send greeting cards in the mail.
- Not getting mad when it takes me forever to respond to your text.
- Laughing and crying with me during the tough times.
- Doing stupid fun stuff together.
I love you both and this post is for you! Today tag your best friend and share this post to wish them a HAPPY BEST FRIENDS DAY!
For a while now I have been wanting to take up yoga but have no clue how. I searched the internet for answers but didn’t really find what I was looking for. I would go to a class but I am worried about embarrassing myself -not knowing all the poses or at worse passing gas in front of everyone. So I am asking your feedback and help!
- What poses should you really know before you go to a class?
- What do I need to have? yoga mat vs yoga towel, blocks, etc.
- What are the unspoken rules of a yoga class?
- What should you wear?
- Do you go barefoot or wear yoga socks?
- What should you do if you pass gas in class?
- How do you progressively incorporate yoga into your lifestyle?
Please feel free to share any other tips and advice. I really want to start off right.